[This excerpt is from Survivor
Psychology: The Dark Side of a Mental Health Mission by Susan Smith,
pp. 142-143. Upton Books and SIRS Mandarin, Boca Raton, FL. Copyright (c)
1995. Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved. Read
our review or order
it from Amazon.com.]
Survivor Logic and the Sale of Dissociative Disorders
The three predominant survivor logic themes and sales tactics evident in
the works of survivor psychologists dealing with the issues of dissociative
disorders are based on Principle 2 of survivor logic--the opposing argument
or evidence becomes the proof. The marketing of dissociative disorders
will be covered under the following subheadings:
1. The sales and promotion of the MPD hypothesis.
2. Sexual abuse, repressed memories, MPD and Satanism-the dynamics preceding
their appearance and the rationales for lack of evidence.
3. The misdiagnosed schizophrenic hypothesis and the assumpfion that
delusional accounts are true because they are similar.
4. Sexual abuse, Satanism, schizophrenia and survivor logic.
5. Denial and conspiracy theories.
top of page